Man Training: Pinewood Derby Challenge
Welcome to the first installment of 'Man Training', a Fathers In Training (F.I.T.S) add-on ministry focused on equipping dads with 'man skills'!
Develop man skills
Practice manhood and raise a boy to do the same
Share your faith with other men
Get off the couch and get out of your comfort zone!
Each car entry will be a two man team. They should consist of a mentor and a mentee. Some good examples are; a Father and Son, a Single man with no kids and a young boy with a deployed father, a campus student and a high school student, etc. As a team, you will construct a super fast and stylish car to win the competition according to the basic rules below.
When and Where
The training event will take place at the Hampton Roads Church building
1132 Pickett Rd, Norfolk, VA 23502
On Saturday, 11 March 2017
Fastest Car: TBD
Best looking car: A Tacti-cool Man Purse
All cars must pass the following inspection to qualify for the race:
1. Width shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
2. Length shall not exceed 7 inches.
3. Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
4. Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the kit. Additional wheels can be purchased separately.
5. Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
6. No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or silicone.
7. The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
8. The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
9. No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.
Where to buy
You can purchase a car kit locally at Hobby Lobby or online at Amazon with the links below.
How To Build
You will need to construct your car BEFORE the day of the competition. Only minimal tools will be provided the day of. General instructions for building your car can be found here.
How To Build Instructions
However, I will be officially opening up my garage two times prior to the competition, to facilitate.
First Build Date: Sunday 26 February 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Second Build Date: Saturday 4 March from 10:00am - 2:00pm
Hope to see you there!
616 Tyson Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462