Bible Study Series
A study of the Scriptures aimed to help a seeker find saving faith in Jesus Christ.
God wants all to be saved and, thus, calls us through His Gospel and convicts us through His Spirit of our sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). The 3,000 converts at Pentecost, the Ethiopian eunuch, the Philippian Jailer, Cornelius the Centurion, Lydia, even Paul provide us paradigms for this convicting journey from darkness to light. As we observe their journeys we often find a SEEKER exposed by the Spirit regarding his SIN, true RIGHTEOUSNESS, and impending JUDGMENT. Once thoroughly convicted, a seeker has nowhere to go but to trust in Jesus’GRACE, he is moved to REPENTANCE which leads to FORGIVENESS. The promise of salvation also includes both the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT and the fellowship of the CHURCH. For example in Acts 2, Peter and the other brothers encounter a large gathering of Jews…
- seeking God through the festival of Pentecost.
- Upon hearing the gospel, many were cut to heart with their need for reconciliation to God. Peter offers them a solution for their sins and their resultant separation from God.
- Those that believed the message of grace were compelled by the cross...
- to repent...
- and be baptized for the forgiveness of their sins (salvation).
- They also realized Peter’s promise that they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- These early converts joined together in fellowship daily as the first Church in the New Testament.
Peter, the other Apostles, and the 3,000 added to their number that day all realized why Jesus had instructed
The following Bible studies are designed to be a flexible tool to aid the seeker along this journey. While every true seeker arrives at the same destination, all begin from unique starting points. Along the way, different Scriptures may prove more applicable and effective. Please make the effort to memorize all the scriptures which might be applied to facilitate a seeker’s path to salvation.
Of course, God always has the final Word: “All Scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2nd Timothy 3:16-17)
Click on the links below to access the Bible Study series:
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 11:19AM